The Story of Global Women’s Summits
By Dr. Paula Fellingham, CEO
The story of Global Women’s Summits is closely related to the story of The Women’s Information Network – The WIN. We began in 2009 with a wonderful mission: to strengthen women and families worldwide through education, enlightenment, and entrepreneurship in an effort to eradicate illiteracy, poverty, and hunger, and to lift the level of love, prosperity, and peace on earth.
We are women helping women live our best lives… personally, in our families, and in our businesses. We embrace women of all cultures, all beliefs, and in all nations.
For decades I have worked with women around the globe and I’ve witnessed powerful positive changes recently, but I also see the heartache and fear that many women still experience. Although places in the world are sometimes dark, those paying attention also notice sunshine through the clouds as we witness a rising and an awakening of the women of the world that is more far-reaching and fast-moving than anything ever before experienced in history.
Yes, more women today are experiencing a transformation of consciousness and they’re finding news ways to use their inherent nurturing and creative gifts to provide solutions for today’s challenges. More and more women across the globe are being educated and enlightened, which is a key to their income growth. And with sufficient income women are free to move out of survival mode, move into self-mastery, and move up to selfless service, which will always lift the level of love and peace on earth.
The WIN is now the fastest-growing global women’s network on earth and our impact for good is expanding. The WIN Team invites you to join with us as we contribute to the creation of a better world through our Global Women’s Summits.
In my quest to create superb, life-changing Summit events I met with Ambassador Mokhtar Lamani, the former Director of the United Nation’s IOC (Islamic Organization Conference) and my dear friend. Ambassador Lamani has dedicated his life to resolve conflict and advocate for peace.
Ambassador Lamani gave me the courage to believe that our team of women can create historic, visionary events that can truly strengthen women and families worldwide, helping them live their very best lives. Ambassador Lamani said, “When you come from a loving, pure place, and your mission is to be of service to others, with no hidden personal or political agendas, women will feel safe and will be willing to share what is in their hearts. When you help them identify their fears and their concerns they will be able to work past those handicapping emotions and work together to find solutions.”
After months of preparation by The WIN Team, in June, 2011, I embarked on a journey to present 8 Global Women’s Summits in 8 countries ~ to prove the model. The WIN Team presented highly successful Summits in the U.K., Netherlands, Kenya, India, Malaysia, Australia, New Zealand, and the United States.
At each Global Women’s Summit 3 local leaders/experts spoke, identifying and offering solutions to the women’s issues in their community/nation. Additionally, participants discussed the following 3 things that are important to all women in all nations:
- How can we acknowledge our similarities and respect our differences? (Discussing how women are alike and how they’re different is a wonderful foundation upon which to understand each other better.)
- How can we strengthen women’s roles for increased peace and development in communities, nations, and the world? (Women know how they want their roles strengthened.)
- How can women live in greater dignity and contribute to the well-being of other women in their communities, nations, and in the world? (This issue varies widely from country to country.)
After our Global Women’s Summits, the ideas shared will be discussed with local, national, and international leaders so they will know what women want and can take steps to initiate positive changes relative to women’s issues in each nation.
Every Global Women’s Summit is a rich combination of:
- Keynote presentation: Believe It! Become It! How to Overcome Obstacles and Excel in Every Area of Your Life
- Presentations by local experts/leaders who offer solutions to the challenges women face in their communities/countries.
- Discussion, with attendees, of the three initiatives listed above.
- A lovely lunch shared by all (included in the price of admission).
- Uplifting musical presentation.
- Awards Ceremony honoring women who receive IWD Outstanding Service Awards.
As mentioned, The WIN will present 1,000 Global Women’s Summits in 2012-2015. After listening to women in 1,000 cities we will truly know the heart desires of women around the world and we will be able to work with world leaders to facilitate positive changes globally.
We invite you to join us on this wonderful life-altering adventure!
With loving thoughts,